6 October 2013

Broadstairs Food Festival

This weekend I was lucky enough to visit the Broadstairs Food Festival.  For those of you who don't know, Broadstairs is a lovely little seaside town on the Kent Coast with lots of lovely little cafes and restaurants, and an active foodie scene.  I am lucky enough to live only minutes away from it, and I really should go there more often.
The Food Festival is a very big event for Broadstairs and, if the parking problems are anything to go by, it attracted people from miles around.  Although Farmers Markets and the like are uber trendy, the reality for us coastal folk is that we don't really get the chance to shop for such delightful food very often.  As a result the place was packed and there was quite the feeding frenzy going on.


It was a real delight to see the efforts that stallholders had made, and I was, as always, super impressed by their baking talents

There was the usual crepes with hundreds of fillings and churros with belgian chocolate


and how could you ignore these humungous pork pies!


All in all, I had a lovely, albeit fattening, time.  I picked up tons of leaflets and am looking forward to investigating the following companies more:

http://www.theambrette.co.uk
The delicious Ambrette Restaurant which is committed to locally sourced produce, which is given an Indian twist
Add caption

I was so intrigued by this clever business, which brings a vintage tea party (with or without caravan) to your event
The display for this stall was gorgeous, I would have loved one of their spice tins.  The Coconut Bean curry was lovely


I had a really great day at the Food Festival, and just because I ate my own weight in churros does not make me a bad person :)

Which food festivals would you recommend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs