There is no way that this will last until Christmas the way my children are attacking it. They LOVE it and have even invited other family members to come round for some fudge.
I am, of course, basking in my own brilliance, wearing a superhero cape and signing autographs by the dozen.
If you would also like to be a hero for Christmas then make this fudge right now.
Superhero Vanilla Fudge
- 75g butter
- 375g white chocolate
- 300g light brown soft sugar
- 170g tin evaporated milk
- 225g white mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 20.5cm square cake tin and line with parchment
- Whizz the white chocolate in a food processor until it is as finely chopped as possible (or chop by hand)
- Put the butter, sugar, evaporated milk and a large pinch of salt in a pan and heat gently stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the marshmallows and turn up the heat to medium (don't let it boil), stirring frequently until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth (about 8-10 min)
- Bring the mixture to the boil and bubble for 5 mins stirring frequently until the mixture darken to a medium caramel colour. Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the vanilla extract and white chocolate (be careful as the mixture will bubble and be extremely hot). Working as quickly as possible, pour the mixture into the prepared tin (if the mixture firms up as you are pouring just pop the pan back onto a gentle heat to melt any remaining fudge. Leave to cool and set for 3 hours until firm (there is no need to chill)
- Remove from the tin and cut into 64 squares. Will keep in an air-tight container for up to a month (ha ha fat chance)
|Thanks Gabriel for taking this photo|
You can all thank me later :):):):)