11 January 2016

One Pot Spaghetti



Today has been a frustrating one - my work never quite went to plan, my back was in agony and my washing machine finally collapsed under all the mud that was brought back from O's camping weekend.

I needed cheering up and I knew just the dish that would do it.

I have had this recipe on my pinterest for ages.  I am not really much of a pasta fan if I am honest.  But today - it was all I wanted.

I took inspiration (in fact I followed the recipe almost to the letter) from Kitchen Nostalgia  and I must say it was delicious.  

The ingredients were not fancy - just olive oil, onions, garlic, grated carrot, canned and puree tomatoes, vegetable stock , spaghetti and herbs.



You sweat the onions in the oil until they go clear


Then add the garlic, carrot, tomatoes, herbs and veg stock and let it cook for 15 minutes


The add the spaghetti and cook until tender.


YUM!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Pot Spaghetti
 
Serves: 
Ingredients
  • 500 g  spaghetti
  • 6 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 2 medium carrots, grated
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 800 g canned chopped tomatoes with liquid
  • 2 Tbsp tomato puree 
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • about 5 cups vegetable stock
  • parsley, basil, oregano, allspice (to taste)
Instructions
  1. In a large frying pan heat the oil and saute onion until clear. 
  2. Add carrots and garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
  3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, spices and about 4 cups stock. Bring to boil and cook for about 15 minutes.
  4. Add spaghetti and simmer until the pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir often and add more stock as necessary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs